What is a cookie?
A cookie is a data file often saved in a specific folder in the hard drive of your device* whenever you consult an online service via your browser. The cookie file is used to identify the computer in which it was saved, and for the duration of the file's validity.
* Device refers to the equipment (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) you use to consult or view a website, an application, advertising content, etc.
The cookies we send allow us to:
- get statistics on the volume of traffic and consultation of the parts making up our website (consulted sections and content, browsing history) so that we can make our services more relevant and ergonomic;
- adapt the presentation of our website to the display settings (language, screen resolution, operating system, etc.) of your device while you consult our website, and according to your device's viewing and playback equipment and software;
- store the information you filled in on a form on our website;
- give you access to exclusive and personal pages on our website using the login IDs or information provided to us at an earlier stage;
- set up security measures, especially when connecting to your exclusive page after a period of inactivity, in which case you are required to re-enter your login ID.
Which cookies do we use?
1. Functional cookies or cookies used strictly for the website
> Cookie for back-office connexion :
SSESSXXX (storage period : 23 days)
> Cookie created at the first connexion on the website, so that the cookie banner does not appear
checkfirstvisit (storage period : 365 days)
2. Analytics cookies
We use these cookies to establish the use and performance of our website, statistics, the volume of traffic and utilisation of the parts making up our website (content consulted, browser history) so that we can improve the relevance and ergonomics of our services (most consulted pages and sections, most-read articles, etc.).
We also use these cookies to count the number of visitors per page, as well as the total number of adverts we display.
> Google analytics :
__utma (storage period : 2 years)
__utmb (storage period : 30 minutes)
__utmc (storage period : length of browser session)
__utmt (storage period : 10 minutes)
__utmz (storage period : 6 months)
3. Sharing cookies (connection with social networks)
Our website contains links to Facebook, Twitter and other similar social networks that allow you to share content from our website with other people. Whenever you use these share buttons a third-party cookie is installed. If you are connected to the social network while browsing our website, you can use the share buttons to link the consulted content to your user account.
How to refuse/delete cookies
Essentially, users can decide whether or not cookies can be stored on their device, and they can choose to change their settings at any time, free of charge.
If you have allowed cookies to be saved on your device through your browser, the cookies integrated in the pages and content you consult may be temporarily stored in a designated folder on your device.
If you refuse to have cookies saved on your device, or if you delete the cookies already saved on your device, you will no longer be able to benefit from a number of features offered by our website.
Below are instructions on how to accept/refuse or delete the cookies on our website:
Each browser has different settings. You can find them under the Help menu of your chosen browser, and they will give instructions on how to change your cookie preferences.
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-Cookies
In terms of the cookies used to measure our website traffic, please click on the following link for more information on analytics cookies and on how to deactivate them: